Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Fuse Member

Sherlock BBC

I highly recommend this series for anyone who enjoys sherlock holmes. They did three movies for the series last summer for season 1, another three movies for season 2, which just ended this sunday. Can only hope they do a season 3. It's simply amazing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/

They just added the guy playing sherlock in this to the line up for star trek 2 movie.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/227...in-star-trek-2

Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
Benedict Cumberbatch FTFW. I watched it when it first came out and again for this 'season'. My only complaint is that it's only 3 episodes long for a season (2 hour episodes).
Old 01-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Fuse Member

Sweet, sherlock renewed for season 3. That was fast.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/228...a-third-season

Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Fuse Member

Yoox, did you check out Alcatraz last night? Not sure I'm up for another JJ Abrams ride, but the previews seemed mildly interesting.

Are you still watching Terranova? How's that been?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Yoox, did you check out Alcatraz last night? Not sure I'm up for another JJ Abrams ride, but the previews seemed mildly interesting.

Are you still watching Terranova? How's that been?
I watched the pilot episode. I didn't get to watch the second episode last night, i'll watch it tonight. As for the pilot episode average at best, hopefully it picks up. It gives you some more than the preview did. They have a set up prepared to capture the missing people. A detective and a librarian for Alcatraz meet up and bascally get on board to find these people. Sums it up without much spoilers. It looks like a twist between lost and person of interest. I looked over IMDB and it looks like each episode will be about a person that went missing that day. Prep for the long haul cause there are 302 missing persons!

As for terra nova average at best it never picked up from the first episode. Average season, maybe next season will be better if they renew it.

On another note, the third season of walking dead is getting another three episodes attached to it, total of 16 for S3. Last paragraph in the link.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/228...s-expands-dead

Old 01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Fuse Member

Watched second episode, thought it was better than the pilot. The lost element is there which is gonna bother me. Questions that they have answers to they refuse to answer already. Then there are more questions on top of that that they don't know. Here we go.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Fuse Member

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. As much as I loved Lost, I have no desire to endure that style of storytelling again.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
Watched first episode of Alcatraz and started the second but fell asleep. I liked the first one just because I like Sam Neill a lot and haven't seen him do anything lately. Seems like it has potential. I don't see it being like Lost where you don't know 10 things then get an answer to 1 and now you don't know 100 things. Seems a lot more limited, but I'm optimistic.

I liked Terra Nova as well but it wasn't anything spectacular. I just don't see it being as good anymore now that they have kind of crippled the opposition. Think Prison Break after season 1, (except nowhere near as good as PB season 1).