Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondadude
Charlie in season 1 was playing it and fat boy did come up to him and said where did you find that. Charlie said in the lagoon but looked over the list on the plane and it didn't show anybody had one on the plane.

Then I was like wait a sec. Jack picked up the pic showing the date 1954 or whatever it said.
Wow, I missed all of that. Good catch.

I'll tell ya one thing... this show will be amazing to rewatch after it's all said and done. So many little things like that to pick up on.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 AM

Send a message via MSN to Hondadude
Sucks I can't post pics so I will type in text.

I am going to change my theory on them coming back to 1954 or whatever that pic said that jack looked at in the "Lamp post". I am almost sure that they have arrived in the 1970s or 80s. Why you say because that guy Daniel Faraday the skinny science guy that looks like he never saw a naked girl before is suppose to warn Charlotte Staples Lewis the anthropologist lady that died two espiodes ago. He is suppose to some how talk to her mother and make her believe that her daughter is in danger and they leave the island.

All I want to know is how old is richard and wtf is Dharma Initiative like why the fuck are they on that dam island.

So far I am just happy they did something on the black smoke. We know now that its main purpose is to guard that temple and has the ability to take control of someone.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
So far I am just happy they did something on the black smoke. We know now that its main purpose is to guard that temple and has the ability to take control of someone.
They still have a LOT of explaining left to do about the smoke though. Like why does it always sound mechanical? And who created it? And what's the temple (or is that where the wheel is)? Doesn't seem like dharma created it, because we assume the electric fence they put up was to guard themselves against it. So then who?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asano View Post
They still have a LOT of explaining left to do about the smoke though. Like why does it always sound mechanical? And who created it? And what's the temple (or is that where the wheel is)? Doesn't seem like dharma created it, because we assume the electric fence they put up was to guard themselves against it. So then who?
The other others.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
my theory is that the smoke creature is a "course correcter". It kills things that aren't supposed to be there, or will somehow alter events that they shouldn't. In a way its mechanical, i guess. I dont think its alive in any real sense.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Fuse Member

That's what timelooptheory.com said. Still doesn't explain its mechanical nature, or where exactly it came from. Pretty sure the producers said they weren't going to explain things away via the supernatural too.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
well, i think the "mechanical' sound effect is kinda misleading. I think its to maybe reinforce its a MECHANISM of time. Does that make sense? Like, its a natural occurence but mechanical(read as no thought/emotion/mercy) in its function.