Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Fuse Member

Interesting interview with the writers from yesterday:

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,1550...id=22714570001

Apparently S6 isn't going to be about time travel like S5 was. So I guess the nuke, whatever effect it's going to have, will end all the timeline bouncing.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 PM

"OH SNAP! What lies in the shadow of the statue! He just busted out some latin!! Guess we'll have to wait for the translation to learn what it means. Wow, Locke was in the box. Who is meeting with Jacob, indeed!"

I listened to a podcast today (www.jayandjack.com) and got a little more info on some things. Someone in the feedback section of the podcast said it was something like "He who leads us all" or something to that effect. Referring to Jacob.

I also believe that the anti-jacob you were talking about is the "alive" Locke at the end of the episode. Somehow, he (AJ) got resurrected as Locke maybe ? He seems to have all his memories as well though. Truly strange.

"I have a question for you." "I'm a Pisces." Lawl.

One of the bigger theories I've heard about is that the AJ is Jacob's brother. There is some old mythology with a story of Jacob and his bigger brother Esau. Esau had always wanted to kill his brother as he was jealous for most of his life. Jacob was the favorite. Maybe this has possible parallels in Lost. Another notable thing is the continuing theme of light and dark in Lost. Jacob was wearing white, while the other was wearing black.

One idea that I believe is the concept of whatever happened, happened. Jack (and Daniel) thinks he can change the future by blowing up Jughead, stopping the hatch from being built, button, plane, crash etc etc. This creates a paradox that, to my knowledge hasnt been addressed yet. If this happens, the crash wouldn't happen and the plane would land in LA. BUT, they wouldn't ever get to go to the island and go through all the events that lead up to them going back to use the bomb in the first place. Kind of confusing. I think, that whatever they do right now in 1977, always lead to the future events that they know. Even if they think that they are trying to change the future, they arn't. They are just living out the events that lead to them. You can change the events in the past, but you can't change your destiny. One possibility may be with Desmond, since Daniel said he was "special." Maybe the writers thought of a loop-hole for him to be able to change things. Could also be the same deal with AJ's loop-hole, whatever it was.

Yep. Great episode.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Fuse Member

To many hints that Locke is the guy with Jacob at the start. Since the beginning of the show if you carefully watch it you will get that early on even before the end just cause if you follow the characters closely you can tell that Locke isn't Locke. Don't you guys remember before Locke dies, Locke tells Ben no i'm nothing like you, i don't use people to do things. This new Locke was obviously using Ben to do his dirty deed. We can get past this part.

I want to know about Richard. Richard reminds me of Phyzics. Richard says only one person can meet with Jacob but Locke strong arms him and Richard crumbles and lets him and Ben in. If Richard(Phyzics) only would of followed instructions Jacob wouldn't be dead right now. Killing me dude. But seriously it makes you wonder how Richard stays young and Jacob brings people back to life without something supernatural. Now that guy from the start is Locke, how can that be explained with science.

So the question is Richard never saw anyone brought back to life. But Jacob can bring people back to life obviously. Jacob rezs Locke with little use of mana, didn't even need to drink after, but the first time he comes back he is Locke. Locke dies the 2nd time and comes back as the so called "anti" as you guys are calling him or the brother. Just another thing that is alittle to supernatural.

I want to know about Richard, Jacob/other guy came to be, the island and if it's been there always and how it all started with all of them.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
With all this time travel stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if the island became what it is in the future (where I think jacob is from). Also, Latin always sounds creepy.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Fuse Member

So many questions. Here are my quick thoughts: I think that the losties can't change their fate on the island. But it seems logical that Jacob can see and arrange event to alter his future. That might be why interferred in the lives we saw in the season finale. I think that Jacob could see his own death and has set up a play to put events in his favor after he dies. Thus making the losties "tools" to shape his own future.

I've thought for a while that the Oceanic 6 have been on the island for the entire time. And I think that they have hid out in preparation for the death of Jacob. I mean...they cant have killed off Jack, Kate, Sawyer and the rest. And it would seem silly to have them off of the island in the season finale.

It'll be fun to watch the final season and hope that we get most of the questions answered.

P.S. Where's Walt?

Unfortunately I already had this exact picture tattooed on my chest, but this shirt is very useful in colder weather.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:21 PM

" P.S. Where's Walt? "

I think he is still in New York. From when John went and saw him.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Fuse Member

I've been annoyed with how they've handled Walt since S1&2. They made such a big deal about him, with the others even claiming how special he is, subjecting him to tests, etc. Then they just let him go, with nary a word about what happened. In subsequent seasons, he returns in the form of creepy visions to Shannon and Locke. But again, no explanations of why Walt.

I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't wrap up his story in the end.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Fuse Member

I 100% agree the walt thing was just kinda side lined. Kind of dead ended. Also, something is up with the giant statue. We have yet to see it from the front, and from the back something isn't right. The head is really blocky to be Anubis, so I think there is gong to be some surprise with that.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Fuse Member

The general consensus, I think, is that the status is of the egyptian god Sobek. Not only do the pictures of Sobek look pretty spot on with what we see in the show, but the legend behind him seems to fit as well:

Quote:
The god Sobek, which was depicted as a crocodile or a man with the head of a crocodile. In some Egyptian creation myths, it was Sobek who first came out of the waters of chaos to create the world. As a creator god, he was occasionally linked with the sun god Ra.
Sobek's ambiguous nature led some Egyptians to believe that he was a repairer of evil that had been done, rather than a force for good in itself, for example, going to Duat to restore damage done to the dead as a result of their form of death. He was also said to call on suitable gods and goddesses required for protecting people in situation, effectively having a more distant role, nudging things along, rather than taking an active part.
He was also shown with an ankh, representing his ability to undo evil and so cure ills.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Fuse Member

That would seem pretty spot on. Now the real question is what's with the Egyptian theme.