Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Fuse Member

Lost S5E16: Follow the leader

So Daniel's mom wants to help Jack with his new agenda since she believes the story. Charlies goes along with it. Sawyer is fucked currently. Cool how Dr. Chan knows about Miles being his son. So yeah wtf with Locke and him finding himself? Thought that was the future? So i guess that he was ported to that time in the future from us seeing that earlier. Damn shit is hitting the fan really fast. So Richard isn't so into Locke all of a sudden now that he wants the entire village to see Jacob. Is Ben once again trying to trick Locke or actually help him? Then of course how it ended with Locke planning on killing Jacob and Ben being shocked about it.

Pretty good overall. Wtb next week.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
I think of was another good episode. Locke doing that I think proves he is special somehow. With all this time travel stuff, at no other time do we see two versions of one character. It even freaks out Richard. I am still up in the air as to whether or not I even think Richard exists. I also think this time line changing is going to be a big red herring. Either it will CREATE all their issues, cause them to NOT die, as Richard seems tfo remember, or even create the smoke monster, I don't know. But I think it's pretty obvious to everyone, it won't fix anything.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Fuse Member

We saw two Kate characters at the same time not too long ago, right? Sawyer was walking through the jungle and came upon Kate and Claire while she was having the baby. It spooked him, met back up with Jack and Kate, she asked him if he saw something and he denied it. So there was definitely two of the same character at the same time. Unless I'm not remember things correctly.

This week's episode was pretty good. Locke taking everyone to see, and kill, Jacob is interesting -- even if it feels like the writers were trying to shock us just for the sake of shocking us. What possible motive could Locke have for killing Jacob at this point? Just doesn't make a lot of sense right now. I did like when Ben turns to Richard after Locke reveals his plan and says "That's why I tried to kill him". That was a good moment.

According to timelooptheory.com, Richard is one of the decendants (if not one of the original members) of the Black Rock. It was interesting that Ben seems to know exactly who he is, and gives further evidence for the Black Rock theory when he says that Richard is an advisor and "has had that job for a very long time." I definitely think he exists, but his origins are definitely shrouded in a bit of mystery. Will be interesting to get more details about him. Eloise too. She's definitely an odd character right now, so it'll be interesting to learn more about her.

Hopefully next week is 2 hours so we get a bunch of answers before the final season next year.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Fuse Member

True enough, I guess I forgot that. Also, richard was building the black rock.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rursusferre View Post
True enough, I guess I forgot that. Also, richard was building the black rock.
What do you mean he was building it?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Fuse Member

In the bottle, he was building a model.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Fuse Member

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that. Wow, that's actually a really good clue that he originates from the Black Rock.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Fuse Member

One other thing. What's up with Locke saying he doesn't care about his people and he lied to Sun!

Old 05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Fuse Member

well, I am not even 100% sure Jacob even exists. Maybe Locke isn't a good guy anymore. The thing about jacob that I remember when someone went to see him was that you saw a flash of Horus.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
Quote:
Originally Posted by rursusferre View Post
well, I am not even 100% sure Jacob even exists. Maybe Locke isn't a good guy anymore. The thing about jacob that I remember when someone went to see him was that you saw a flash of Horus.
Keep in mind Locke was always a thorn in everyone's side back in season 1/2, you probably see him as turning to a bad guy because he's been so unlike himself lately...and dead.